Saturday, December 16, 2017

In the neighborhood

Talked to a couple of the neighbors today. Not from inside my building this time. A little ways up the street. Well, one's from the building next door. She's a security guard and used to work at the library I go to until they had to lay off their guards due to budget cuts. She asked me to tell them she said hi, which I did. The other one used to work at Staples, which is where I first met him. We just chatted a little.

I'm an introvert, but I am glad to have the chance to talk to someone. Although when nestled into a group I'm likely to be known as "the quiet one."

2 comments:

susan said...

Budget cuts make for a sad waste of genuinely nice people. Being able to have conversations is always a good thing.

Recently in an article about wasteful public works projects one described was the new library in Birmingham, UK that cost so much to construct they had to release half the staff and cut back the hours it was to be open.

Ben said...

This lady landed on her feet, but yeah, not everyone is so lucky.

There are certainly times I enjoy people's company.

Was it a matter of wastefulness, or were they promised a certain budget and the gov't didn't deliver. It's a shame about the layoffs and hour cut. I mean, there's presumably a reason why they opened the library in the first place.