Sunday, November 26, 2017

Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

I see here on my dashboard that Blogger has enabled spam filters on comments. I've checked and it seems to be working. Of posts that are at all recent the only comments are by my regular commenters, or at least legit commenters. So good job there.

When I did get spammers on here they pretty much all wrote in Mandarin, which was...optimistic of them.

2 comments:

susan said...

Optimistic, indeed.

One morning when my blog was only about two years old I opened my email to discover more than two hundred comments had been left overnight. My first thought was that phantsythat had become very popular - gone viral in today's parlance. Then I opened the first one..

Good title too. :)

Ben said...

I can't imagine, really, having a blog that gets 200 comments on a single post. I hang out and comment on a couple that do get that and more, and I guess good for the guys who run them. But I'd feel like the whole thing was getting out of my hands. Hell, I'm fine just having the two of you. Of course 200 live people would at least be better than 200 bots or whatever.

Thank you. That usage of "spam" does come from Monty Python.