Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Lights out

The light in this room is out. That is, it won't come on. It's been like that for a few days. I flipped the switch on Saturday night and nothing happened. It's not a huge problem, but it's an annoying one and over the long haul would be pretty unbearable. It makes it impossible to read a book in this room and much harder to type because you have to peer at the keys.

There is a guy who can fix stuff like this. First you havve to call the owner's answering service, though. There's a number downstairs on the wall but it seems to be out of date. Luckily I got the real, new number from one of my neighbors tonight. Before that I called the other number and seem to have just gotten some lady's answering machine. Because she didn't say she wasn't with the property company I left a message about the light. She probably wondered what that was all about.

2 comments:

susan said...

I promised myself I wouldn't ask if you'd tried changing the bulb - looks like I failed. I know well that these things can happen. A couple of months ago I thought the switch belonging to my reading lamp was broken. Trying to fix it myself I really did break it. Imagine my chagrin when I discovered (by plugging in a different lamp) that the outlet was dead. To add insult to injury it cost $80. to have the lamp rewired with a new switch. grrr..

Ben said...

I did try changing the light bulb, yes. I'd suspected that wasn't the issue because when bulbs burn out they light up for a nanosecond before going out permanently, and this one hadn't come on at all. When the super finally did show up he replaced the bulb anyway, so maybe that was a secondary problem resulting?

Sorry about the lamp. That had to have been frustrating since you also have to fix that outlet, unless you're just going to do without that one.