Saturday, September 16, 2017

That's the sniff

For a big part of the day I noticed this weird smell. Sort of like wet tobacco, which is not pleasant, but at least it wasn't strong. Just persistent. I'd notice it in one room at home, and in another, and when I was out.

Finally I figured out that it was from this shirt I hadn't worn in a while. Never rolled it in tobacco or anything, but that probably wasn't the source of the odor. The olfactory sense is an erratic one, or at least our knowledge of it is. Anyway, the smell eventually went away. Or got sweated out, or something.

2 comments:

susan said...

It's possible your shirt absorbed the scent of whatever it was stored in - like a wooden dresser, for instance. Moth balls or dryer sheets can help keep that weird smell away but the best thing is to wash whatever clothing you've had stored for a while.

Ben said...

Moth balls sound like an inherently old fashioned idea now but I'm sure they still have their uses. Moths sure as hell haven't gone away. Washing again is probably a good idea now. Which I've done by this time, of course.