Friday, September 20, 2013

Personal maintenance Friday Random Ten

So, this morning I didn't have time to shave, or at least not if I was going to make it to work by the time I wanted to.  I chose punctuality over appearance in this case.  Then later when I went to brush my teeth, I saw that somehow I didn't have a toothbrush with me, leaving me with mossy teeth for the duration of the workday.  The combination of things brought me down maybe a little, not catastrophically.  When I got home the first thing I did was brush my teeth.  That and the cinnamon latte I had a little later were very restorative.

1. Neko Case - People Got a Lotta Nerve
2. David Bowie - Heat
3. Beck - Missing
4. Roxy Music - Manifesto
5. Gogol Bordello - I Would Never Wanna Be Young Again*
6. Brian Eno - On Some Faraway Beach
7. The White Stripes - St James Infirmary Blues
8. Arcade Fire - The Well and the Lighthouse
9. Sarah Vaughan - Ain't Misbehavin'
10. Metric - Clone

* Sheer awesome

2 comments:

susan said...

A late start can pretty much wreck a day, so I'm glad to hear you made it through and had a little treat later.

At least you got to listen to a cool FR10 during the day. That GB song is great. I wonder if you ever saw Hutz and the band in Everything Is Illuminated? It's not the best movie ever but he was very funny.

Ben said...

Late starts are going to happen sometime or other, but it's not fun to get caught like that. So yeah, anything after that was a relief.

I'm curious to see Everything is Illuminated, which I haven't yet. Fhiefly because he's in it.