Boy, do people sweat in this episode. At the end of the day that may be what makes it work. The story has its share of problems. Not least of them is the fact that these "Thetans" the hero is supposed to be transformed into are actually supposed to be a real race, and I don't imagine they'd be pleased about being framed for an invasion of Earth just so that we can get our shit together. But it's played matter-of-fact, and everyone seems so affected by it that it's hard not to get pulled along.
Now the music.
1. Neko Case - This Tornado Loves You
2. The Beatles - The Word
3. Roxy Music - If It Takes All Night
4. Fleetwood Mac - Tusk
5. Sarah Vaughan - I Cried For You
6. Sonic Youth - Dude Ranch Nurse
7. Louis Armstrong - St James Infirmary*
8. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
9. Pink Martini - Ohio Ohayoo
10. The Clash - The Card Cheat
* A ballad whose authorship has long been disputed, this has to be one of the most impressively assholish songs of all times. He sees his girlfriend in the morgue, and after a couple of lines is all "but enough about her..."