Saturday, July 2, 2011

The better part of valor and Saturday Random Ten

Last Sunday one of my friends was bitching about the previous Sunday. That Sunday another one of our friends had been out with us. And he talked about stuff that I thought was pretty interesting. The first friend thought it was boring, and seemed to think the boringness was so obvious that everyone would agree. Needless to say I didn't, and I'm not telling the person in question about this. I've learned there's nothing really to be gained there.

The first guy also wants me to tell the other guy that he needs to lose weight. Um, no. That's a no-brainer.


1. Fionna Apple--O' Sailor
2. Patsy Cline--Walkin' After Midnight
3. Radiohead--Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
4. Fol Chen--Winter, That's All
5. Grizzly Bear--Plans
6. The Welcome Wagon--I Am a Stranger
7. XTC--English Roundabout
8. Miles Davis--Deception
9. Soul Coughing--Soft Serve
10. David Bowie--African Night Flight

2 comments:

susan said...

I agree with you about the discretion factor. Even people we know well can sometimes be strange.

Good selection this week. Of course, I'm not familiar with a couple - ie, the Welcome Wagon, Fol Chen, and Grizzly Bear but I can check them out. The others I know pretty well.

Ben said...

The Welcome Wagon I don't really know either. They were on a compilation I have, and I just thought it was a groovy sounding song.