Thursday, February 24, 2011

Drop ceiling

I finally have the partial dental replacements in now. Tney fit tight between the teeth that were there before. But the dentist warned they might hurt, and so far they don't really.

The plastic surrounding them is a little weird. It's like having and lower roof of the mouth. A drop ceiling, if you will. Your tongue sort of has to relearn some consonants like "s" and "n". But if I wind up talking a little slower because of it, that's not an entirely bad thing.

2 comments:

susan said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that and glad you're not hurting. It took me a while to learn how to enunciate again but it happened. It's never a bad idea to think before we speak.

Ben said...

ah well. There's a reason for everything, except for stuff there's no reason for. But I'm not too broken up over this.