Monday, August 11, 2008

No day at the beach. Oh wait.

Today was a state holiday, and I went on a road trip with a couple of buds to picturesque Block Island. Despite the fairly dire weather reports, it turned out to be a pleasant day. Actually, bright enough so that I kind of regretted forgetting sunscreen. My arms are a little on the red side now.

But I also got a chance to go swimming on Crescent Beach (I think that was the one). I had forgotten what swimming in the ocean is like. Namely, getting smacked around by enormous blobs of hot water. It was fun, really, and gives you a good relaxed feeling afterwards.

Anyway, I'm introducing a couple of new links. One is the perceptive, comics-minded Metamorphostuff, a fellow Peter Milligan fan. The other is Broken Mystic, a talented and poetic Muslimah blogger.

No comments: