Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Sudsy water

Weird, frustrating experience at the laundromat today. The washer I was washing towels, sheets a few other things in got down to where it read "1 minute", and then it just stayed there for may minutes more.  Wouldn't stop. The attendant said that it was because I overloaded it, but that wasn't the reason at all. It was because I selected the hot wash cycle, which you can't do apparently. I had to keep at her until she agreed to go back and shut the power off, then I paid for another cycle so that it the clothes would rinse and drain.

Apparently the boiler for hot water broke. Seems like something the owner should take care of, but what do I know?

2 comments:

susan said...

Well, I'm glad to know you held your ground on that one. You have to wonder why somebody would get defensive about the company water heater being broken.

On another topic, here's the video link Jer mentioned the other day. We imagine you'll probably like it too.

Ben said...

When someone really hates their job there's only so much you can get out of them. But the right to get my wash out before hell froze over seemed worth fighting for.

''This Hour Has 22 Minutes'' is something I've heard of but not scene. Funny video, especially the "hooking" misunderstanding.