Saturday, May 5, 2018

Ah youth

Well, it's that time of year again. Specifically, the time we go from wintry weather to summerlike conditions with basically no stop in between. And as I predicted a couple of weeks ago, it's led to some rambunctiousness on the part of the younger residents of the neighborhood, college-age I gather. They don't want to go inside or go to sleep, so they're jawboning on the streets. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get to sleep through it. If I have troubles I'll have to start dumping cold water on their heads. Or something.

2 comments:

susan said...

Pretty much the same thing going on here weatherwise.

I still find it very weird that people seem to think that what they do outside can't be overheard late at night. Our building has benches under the portico where locals who don't live here often come to regale one another when most of the residents are in bed. Last night there was a young woman down there weeping and wailing. Just as I was wondering whether I should go and see if she needed help I heard her yell to somebody across the street, 'Where the --- are you going?'

Cold water might have been the best deterrent.

Ben said...

It's cooled off again since then. As you've said before, when it gets really warm the college kids will be gone, so it'll be a little different.

The young lady you had outside your window, under the portico? Whoa now. It sounds like she could have been drunk. On the other hand, maybe she just has mood swings. Either way, I hope the show didn't go on too long.