Monday, June 22, 2020

Glad rags

Burlington Coat Factory is open again. After an extended period in which clothing stores around here had to close, this is a good thing. The thing is, speaking as an adult male shopper, their selection has been nonexistent since reopening. The socks and underwear sections have been bare, heh-heh. And I've looked to buy a couple of new short-sleeved shirts, but there's nothing in Large. Medium would have worked for me in high school, but not now, and for Extra Large I'd have to gain 60 pounds. So someone must be buying up all the clothes that would fit me and smoking them.

2 comments:

susan said...

Our local second hand bookstore finally reopened and they still didn't have any of the books I wanted; but they still carry 22 copies of the second book in a trilogy I didn't feel like reading anyway.

With any luck at all your Burlington Coat Factory will get new supplies of your necessities. After all, a man's not dressed without a nice shirt on, guv'nor, is he?

Ben said...

I think sometimes authors and publishers put out trilogies and even longer series so that people will feel obligated to read the latest book even if they didn't like the last one. Seems to work, too. Anyway, I'm glad the bookstore is back and hope it gets back to its old self soon.

I'll repeat that...the shirt event. I'll repeat that...the shirt event. I'll repeat that...