Friday, May 17, 2019

Lone Star, meet Sunshine

Hmm. Lots to think about, and I am thinking.

A very cool and lovely couple I know recently gifted me with―among other things―a DVD copy of the movie The Florida Project, which I've certainly heard good things about. And Willem Dafoe is never boring, at the very least. Meanwhile from the library I have a copy of Richard Linklater's Slacker, which I'm going to watch tonight before I have to take it back. Set, I believe, in Austin where the director is from. So I look forward to learning more about life in the two largest Southern states.

Merci, mon amis.

2 comments:

susan said...

I hope you've enjoyed watching Slacker. We may have seen it when it was released to video but I can't recall anything about it; the one I do remember from that time period is Clerks which pretty much set the standard for that kind of film and that we've seen more than once. I think you'll like The Florida Project for reasons already mentioned and a few of the other things you're considering.

Merci pour le compliment :)

Ben said...

Clerks was indeed a thing of beauty. I first saw it with you guys. Kevin Smith has a great way with dialogue.

Slacker is another great movie. Watching it made me think that a lot has changed since the early nineties, and that on the other hand some things haven't. Wonderful sense of place. Florida Project I plan to get to very soon.

Just wanted to be clear. Hope I was. :)