Saturday, April 21, 2012

Less ill Saturday Random Ten

Felt awful this morning/early afternoon. It showed, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people thought I had a hangover. Not so. I didn't drink last night, rarely drink in large amounts, and when I do I know the precautions to take so that I don't feel like hell in the morning. This was something else. Luckily I had toast at brunch. Headache/nausea usually succumbs to toast, or any bread that's hearty enough so you really have to chew it. That's good for most actual hangovers too.

1. Morphine - Mary Won't You Call My Name

2. The Kinks -Victoria

3. Talk Talk - Living In Another World

4. Duke Ellington - Crosstown

5. Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings - Nobody's Baby

6. Finn Riggins - Dali

7. Pink Martini & Saori Yuki - Yoake No Scat (Melody for a New Dawn)

8. Nick Drake - Sunday

9. Sly & the Family Stone - Poet

10. They Might Be Giants - When Will You Die

2 comments:

susan said...

Glad to know you're feeling better - o wonder they call bread the staff of life. Dehydration is the only thing I can think of that might cause that feeling.

When I saw the Kinks's Victoria on your list I was reminded of the two days I spent last week trying to write a brief comparative overview of the history of three old European cities. Hmpf.. what was I thinking?

Ben said...

Staff of life is right. I might well have been dehydrated that morning. It's something I usually try to monitor, but things happen.

That comparative overview actually sounds like an interesting thingumabob.