Friday, July 2, 2010

Some grumbling and the Friday Random Ten

My rent check went off to the wrong address. That is, wrong street number, wrong street name (and a Street as ooposed to an Avenue), wrong ZIP code, and an addressee whose name doesn't even slightly resemble my landlord's. I wonder if the Post Office thought it would be funny to get evicted.

There are a few things in my life that I was worried sick and angsty about. Then I realized I wasn't really at fault. That makes it a little better.


1. Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings--She Ain't a Child No More
2. Talk Talk--I Believe In You
3. Stan Kenton--Dynaflow
4. Sly & the Family Stone--Trip to Your Heart
5. Pink Martini--Ninna Nanna
6. Lynn Anderson--Cry
7. Harry Nilsson--Early in the Morning
8. Mika--Dr. John
9. Modern Jazz Quartet--One Bass Hit
10. The Magnetic Fields--Yeah! Oh, Yeah!

2 comments:

susan said...

So how did you ever find out about that mess? Our mailman is in the habit of leaving our netflix movies in the neighbor's boxes every so often. They always drop by to give them back but the worst time was when the ones who'd received two movies were away for two weeks.

For some reason the Stan Kenton title reminded me of Zappa's Dynamo Hum :-)

Ben said...

The guy was nice enough to send it back to me. The thing is, that was so much later that I suspect they sat on the envelope for a while before sending it to him.

As for Zappa, that's not a bad association.