Tuesday, October 16, 2007

No quarter

So I'm not a numismatist, or as hoi polloi would put it, a coin collector. Nonetheless, I have been enjoying the state quarters. Every few weeks, there's a new image, catching the light in a new way. Some are kind of dull, like Massacusetts, sad to say. But then there are those like Florida that actually seem to have a narrative. See, the pilot is flying low so that he can check up on his wife, a tour guide on the tall ship.

So anyway, where the hell is Utah? By my count it should have shown up at the end of August, or sometime in September at least. But while I see state quarters almost every time I get change, but the Beehive State is nowhere to be found. Are the Latter Day Saints hoarding them all? C'mon guys, you can let a few out of your sight.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Someone should be drawn and quartered if Utah is excluded...

Ben said...

Ouch. Is that anything like being nickel and dimed?