There's a reason I prefer this. Besides the taste, which is never particularly good and often wince-inducing. The other thing is that it seems to make my dreams more violent. For instance I dreamed about walking through a door and knowing without looking that the guy who was walking behind me didn't have his head anymore.
Some of this can be useful for a self-styled creative type, especially if you deal with somewhat dark subject matter. But every night? Nah, take it down a notch.
2 comments:
I'm happy to hear you've been able to sleep without taking cough medicine, nasty tasting stuff as it is. Neither am I surprised to hear the chemicals in the drug can make for nightmares.
There's nothing more personal than what we dream as deams a`re highly personal and not subject to easy interpretations. It could take years of psychoanalysis to figure out where the image of a headless man came from.. or you could just stop taking that particular brand of cough medicine before bedtime.
On balance it might be good that it tastes bad, since it discourage people--although not everyone--from taking it recreationally. The dreams are a weird effect anyway, not changing content as much as making things more intense.
There are a number of ways to interpret dreams. A lot of it is basically a parlor game. Exceptions are when it has the ring of truth for the dreamer. That's before you get into any substances which might have influenced the dream.
Post a Comment