Pikas are, as stated here, relatives of rabbits. They look it, too. So it's interesting that their survival strategies are so far apart. Rabbits burrow into the soft ground, the low ground. It can be in country, city, or suburb. Pikas live high up, among rocks. And it's through that difference that they have ultimately become a different creature.
2 comments:
Doubtless the pika is one of the cutest creatures you'll ever lay eyes on, particularly when one has bunches of wild flowers in its little mouth. I felt sad when I saw the part when he stole another pika's stash since they look as if they should make happy family groupings.
I see they're also native to the mountains of BC but since we're unlikely to catch sight of one I thank you for the introduction.
They're absolutely charming little creatures. Probably impractical as pets, given their propensity for rough terrain, but they'd be neat to have around. Maybe they do make happy family groupings. It's hard to tell when you only see a very small arc of time.
I don't always think of BC as mountainous, although I see it does have some. Probably there are a lot of interesting things dwelling there.
Post a Comment