Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Homeward bound

One hazard of using a laundromat is losing socks here and there. One from a pair, which means you can't help but notice. 

A few weeks ago I had the inverse happen. I got home and found someone else's sock tangled up in my sheets. Probably a kid, although I suppose there are adults with real tiny feet. Anyway, I took it back to the laundromat today. Don't know if they parents are still looking for it. Probably not. But if they are and held onto the other one they might be in luck.

1 comment:

susan said...

The eternal mystery of the lost sock. We have all been there.

Apparently, when scientists investigated the loss of socks they discovered something astonishing: On average, we lose 15 socks a year - over a lifetime, that's nearly 1200 socks. It was good of you to return one of the missing to its undoubtedly grateful owner - unless his mother already threw away the other one.