Tuesday, June 14, 2022

When life gives you...

So disturbingly enough, this is how I crack myself up. 

Decades ago I had the idea for a new Christmas Carol. Same basic outline as the old one, but now with lemons. Scrooge is visited by the Lemon of Christmas Past, the Lemon of Christmas Present, and of course the Lemon of Christmas Yet-to-Come. The last lemon might be less talkative than the other two. 

Maybe I should have developed this idea into something, which so far I haven't. Still serves as a welcome bit of (intentional) absurdity.

2 comments:

susan said...

I guess that would explain why Scrooge was a bit of a sourpuss.

We've thought about you writing a detective story or two. It might be worth considering writing about a detective who always gets things wrong but who has an assistant who fixes the errors before they're noticed. Of course, the major character never suspects what's been done behind his back.

Then again, maybe you should go with Lemon Scrooge.

Ben said...

"Bah" does sound like the sound you might make after an unexpected mouthful of lemon juice.

The detective idea is a little similar to Without a Clue, a comedy with Michael Caine as Holmes and Ben Kingsley as Watson. I discussed it with Jerry a little bit ago. It worked pretty well in the movie, and could do so again. My detective idea is a little different, but similarly off-kilter.

Lemon Scrooge will be watching over me.