Friday, September 28, 2018

Not present

One of my downstairs neighbors hasn't been home in a while. I know this because there's been a package leaning against her door for well over a week. Which sounds nosy on my part, but I'd rather know there's nothing to worry about. I might be able to confirm this with my other downstairs neighbor, but I haven't seen her either, although with her I think it's a question of schedules.

I've looked it up out of curiosity, and it seems almost impossible for non-family members to file a missing persons report.

2 comments:

susan said...

I can understand your being somewhat concerned what with a package just sitting uncollected for days. When people go away on vacation they usually have their mail checked or at least held at the post office. Still, there really is nothing you can do under the circumstances. It would be nice if we could at least be friendly enough with near neighbors that we know when it's necessary to worry. Hopefully, she'll be back soon.




Ben said...

As it happened she turned up again like the day after I wrote this post. Which was nice to see. It was probably some kind of vacation and she might have forgotten that the package was coming. I'm toeing the line between concern, which is a quality possessed of good neighbors, and nosiness, which isn't.