Thursday, October 4, 2018

One for the books

There comes a time in every year where it becomes obvious that my allergic sniffles aren't just that, and that I've picked up an autumn cold. The good thing about this is that I find I'm somewhat "weatherized" by the time winter starts. Yesterday and especially today made for a clear starting point of that time this year.

It was inconvenient to me that this very day the local bus routes were delayed beyond all recognition, and for shady and apocalyptic reasons at that. Still, for me personally it's probably better that this happen today than tomorrow. For reasons.

3 comments:

susan said...

Sorry to hear you've caught an autumn cold - or any season cold for that matter. Hopefully, it will be a short one and you'll be feeling better soon.

That sounded like quite the nasty little disaster having that fuel truck overturn on 95. The highway itself going through Providence has never been known as an especially well designed one, but it's also true that drivers are often being pushed to keep unrealistic and potentially unsafe schedules.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

Better now. It's a process. I get a cold and afterwards find a new equilibrium, with the allergy symptoms not quite as rampant as they were before. That's as detailed as I'll be right now, but you can imagine.

Yeah, I don't know what oil company that was. Could have been any. From what I've heard about the truck-driving profession in general there's an excellent chance that the driver was sleep deprived or rushing to get back on schedule, or both. Glad I don't live in the neighborhood where it happened.